- 2006/2009: PhD Student, Chemistry Department, University of Aveiro. With fellowship from Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia,
- February 2003 to December 2005: Research Fellow, Chemistry Department, University of Aveiro, Portugal.
- February 2010, PhD. in Science, field of knowledge Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Aveiro, Portugal. Title: "Synthesis and catalytic applications in the alkane functionalization of new compounds with polyoxometalates and organic cations". Supervisors: Prof. Ana Cavaleiro and Graça Neves.
- July 2005, Master in Chemistry of Natural Products, University of Aveiro, Portugal. Title: "Polyoxotungstates: applications in the catalytic oxidation of organic compounds with hydrogen peroxide".
- Degree in Chemistry (specialization in Polymers), University of Minho, Braga, Portugal, With several distinction awards.
Domain of Specialization
- Polymer Science and Technology;
- Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Catalytic Process in Oxidation of Organic Compounds using Environmental benign Oxidants;
- Organic and Inorganic Synthesis;
- Characterization and Identification Techniques (NMR, MS, GC, HPLC, IR, Raman, UV/Vis spectroscopy, SEM and TEM).