Apr. 2008 - Present: Assistant Researcher, In materials sciences (MOFs or CPs), CiCeCo, Department of Chemistry, University of Aveiro, Portugal;
Nov. 2001 – Mar. 2008: Post-doctoral research associate, CiCeCo, Department of Chemistry, University of Aveiro, Portugal, supported by FCT.
May 1999 - Nov.2001: Teacher (Associate Professor), College of Chemistry &Environmental Science, Nanjing Normal University, P.R.CHINA
Jan. 1997 - Apr. 1999: Post-doctor, State Key Laboratory of Coordination Chemistry, Nanjing University, P.R.CHINA.
1. Design, synthesis and characterization of novel coordination compounds, metal-organic framworks (MOFs) or inorganic compounds with multi-functionalities aiming at porosity, chirality, high stability, single crystal to single crystal transformation. interested in catalysis, gas adsorption, electric, magnetic and luminescent properties.
2. New ligands design, new MOF structure, new synthetic methodology and new functions.
3. Morphologic modification (such as nano or micro-sized 1D fibers, tubes, rods, 2D sheets and 0D dots or balls) of inorganic or hybrid materials by hydrothermal or solvothermal reactions and study on these morphologic modifications may have influence to their physical properties.
4. Exploration on new synthetic methods such as ionothermal synthesis and electrochemical synthesis for new MOF materials and improvement of these new strategies for finding novel (metastable) framework compounds.
Students are interested to purssue their Master degree, Ph. degree or Post-doctor studies in these areas, please contact me via my e-mail: email@example.com. Please go to FCT web-page: http://alfa.fct.mctes.pt/apoios/bolsas/index.phtml.en to apply the grant to FCT. As a supervisor I always like to help for a grant application from FCT. This post-doctoral grant application opens annually and feasible to students from all country.
CICECO, Group of design and characterization of multi-functionalized new frameworks of materials.
2013, Dr Nataly Navarro, Post-doctor: ´´Metal organic frameworks: design strategies for a new generation of proton conductors for fuel cells``
co-supervisor: Dr Filipe Figueiredo
in 2011, Dr Tinghai Yang, Post-doctor: ´´Design of novel multi-functional metal-organic framework materials based on phosphonic acids``
In 2011-2012, Dr Ying-Feng Han, Post-doctor: ´´Design,synthesis and properties of multi-functional transition-lanthanide chiral metal-organic frameworks based on chiral amino acids``,
co-supervisor Dr Luís Mafra.
At the end of 2008, co-supervised 3 post-doctors with FCT grants
Dr Bo Zhou, Post-doc: ´´Building New Multifunctional Metal Organic Frameworks With Aminoacids and Nucleotide Bases´´, Co-supervisor Prof. João Rocha.
Dr Chunbo Liu, Post-doc: ´´Design, synthesis, Structures and Photoluminescences of Novel Multi-functional Metal Organic Framework Materials´´, Co-supervisor Dr Lianshe Fu.
Dr Xiaofeng Wang, Post-doc: ´´Hydro and ionothermal synthesis of multi-functional lanthanide-organic frameworks with biphosphonic acids´´, Co-supervisor Dr Filipe Paz.
Prof. Dr João Rocha, Dr Duarte Ananias Marques, Dr Luis Mafra, Dr Filipe Paz.
Prof. Dr Luis D Carlos, Dr R A Sá Ferreira, Dr Lianshe FU.
Dr Ana Rosa Silva, Dr Paula Brandão, Filipe Figueiredo.
Dr Jingzhong Xiao (Coimbra University)
Prof. Dr Zhen Zhao (China University of Petroleum)
Prof. Dr Tingxiang Dong, (Taiyuan University of Technology)
Prof. Dr Mário Reis
coordinate one project and participate four projects as a main member:
1, Project title (in english): Controlling the length scale through "Chimie Douce": from inorganic functional materials to organic-inorganic hybrids.
POCTI/CTM/46780/2002, Supported by Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia(in Portugal)
2, Project title (in english): Water Nanodrops in Microporous and Inorganic-Organic Hybrid Materials.
PTDC/QUI/65805/2006, started on 01/01/2008 and finish on 31/12/2010, funded by FCT.
3, project title (in English): Nano-sized Functional Metal-Organic Frameworks Based on Lanthanide Polyphosphonates.
PTDC/QUI-QUI/098098/2008, started on 08-02-2010 and finished on 07-02-2013, funded by FCT.
4, project title (in English): Strategic Project - LA 11 - 2011-2012. PEst-C/CTM/LA0011/2011, started on 01-01-2011 and finished on 31-12-2012.
5, project title (in English): Novel smart multi-functional Transition metal-Rare earth-Organic- Frameworks (TROFs) toward tunable magnetic and luminescent properties.
PTDC/CTM-NAN/119994/2010, Total Funding: € 56.159,00 and has been funded on 1st of March 2012. I am coordinator of the project.
Selected from 60 publications:
1. Ting-Hai Yang, Ana Rosa Silva and Fa-Nian Shi*, Six new 3d-4f heterometallic coordination polymers constructed from pyrazole-bridged CuIILnIII dinuclear units,
Dalton Transactions (IF:3.7; In press).
2. Fa-Nian Shi,* Ana Rosa Silva, Ting-Hai Yang, João Rocha, An unusual structure of copper(II) and bismuth(III) hybrid oxide with a 2-D inorganic subnetwork, topology of network and catalysis,
CrystengComm, (IF:3.8) 2013, 15(19), 3776-3779.
3. C. B. Liu, R. A. S. Ferreira, F. A. Almeida Paz, A. Cadiau, L. D. Carlos, L. S. Fu,b J. Rocha and F.-N. Shi,* Highly Emissive Zn-Ln Metal Organic Frameworks with an Unusual 3D Inorganic Subnetwork,
Chem. Commun. (IF:6.16) 2012, 48(64), 7964-7966.
4. Bo Zhou, Nuno J. O. Silva, Fernando Palacio, Fa-Nian Shi,* Luís Mafra, João Rocha, Co(II)/Zn(II)-(Ltyrosine) Magnetic Metal Organic Frameworks,
Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., (IF:3.05) 2012, 5259–5268.
5. Fa-Nian Shi, Luís Cunha-Silva, Tito Trindade, Filipe A. Almeida Paz, João Rocha, 3D Modular Lanthanide-Organic Frameworks Based on Di-, Tetra- and Hexameric Clusters,
Crystal Growth & Design (IF:4.72) 2009, 9(5), 2098-2109.
6. Fa-Nian Shi, Tito Trindade, João Rocha, Filipe A. Almeida Paz, Hydro-Ionothermal Synthesis of Lanthanide-Organic Frameworks with 1,4-phenylenebis(methylene) diphosphonate,
Crystal Growth & Design (IF:4.72) 2008, 8(11), 3917-3920.
7. Fa-Nian. Shi, L. Cunha-Silva, R. A. Sá Ferreira, L. Mafra, T. Trindade, L. D. Carlos, F. A. Almeida Paz, and J. Rocha, Interconvertable Modular Microporous Framework and Layered Lanthanide(III)-Etidronic Acid Coordination Polymers,
J. Am. Chem. Soc., (IF:9.90) 2008, 130, 150-167.
8. Fa-Nian Shi, Luís Cunha-Silva, Michaele J. Hardie, Tito Trindade, Filipe A. Almeida Paz, and João Rocha, Heterodimetallic Germanium(IV) Complex Structures with Transition Metals,
Inorg. Chem., (IF:4.60) 2007; 46(16), 6502 – 6515.
9. Fa-Nian Shi, Filipe A. Almeida Paz, João Rocha, Jacek Klinowski,and Tito Trindade, Novel Phosphovanadate Layered Structure Assembled From a Tetrametallic Cubane-Like VV Cluster,
Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., (IF:3.05) 15, 2004, 3031-3037. The relevant image was adopted as cover picture of this issue.
10. Fa-Nian Shi, Jian MENG, Yufang REN and Qiang SU, Structure and Luminescence Properties of Some New AgLnW2O8 Oxides,
J. Mater. Chem., (IF:5.96) 1997, 7(5), 773-776.
Synthetic NaMnPO4 microtubulesShi, FN; Rocha, J; Trindade, T
2005, MATERIALS LETTERS, 59, 6, 652-655.
Synthesis and characterisation of the first three-dimensional mixed-metal-center inorganic-organic hybrid framework with N-(phosphonomethyl)iminodiacetatePaz, FAA; Shi, FN; Klinowski, J; Rocha, J; Trindade, T
2004, EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF INORGANIC CHEMISTRY, 13, 2759-2768.
Novel phosphovanadate layered structure assembled from a tetrametallic cubane-like V-v clusterShi, FN; Paz, FAA; Rocha, J; Klinowski, J; Trindade, T
2004, EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF INORGANIC CHEMISTRY, 15, 3031-3037.
catena-[1,3-diammoniopropane di-mu(2)-hydroxo-di-mu(4)-phosphato-trioxotrivanadium dihydrate]: a redetermination at 180 (2) KPaz, FAA; Shi, FN; Trindade, T; Rocha, J; Klinowski, J
2003, ACTA CRYSTALLOGRAPHICA SECTION E-STRUCTURE REPORTS ONLINE, 59, M179-M182.